Summer 2021 Terms & Conditions
1. Payment Policies
- A deposit of $300 per camper can be submitted at any time. This deposit will hold your camper’s spot until June 1, 2021.
- Full payment for summer is due on June 1, 2021.
- Should you wish to pay monthly, you may divide your total camp fee into monthly installments from the time of registration until June 1.
- Any registrations received after June 1, 2021 will only be considered confirmed once the full payment has been made
- We accept e-transfers, cash, cheques, Visa and MasterCard. Credit cards will be subject to a 2% processing fee
2. Cancellation Policies
- Before March 31, 2021: Full refund, no questions asked!
- Before June 1, 2021: Full refund less a $300 administrative fee per camper.
- On or after June 1, 2021: Unfortunately, we are unable to offer refunds or credits after this date.
- Please note that these policies are in place knowing that the COVID-19 pandemic is ongoing and constantly changing, and therefore, we cannot predict the situation next summer. We understand that it is difficult to make decisions about your child’s summer plans at this time. However, there will be no exceptions to these policies.
- In the case of a government-mandated shut-down, and camp is not allowed to run during the weeks you have registered, we will offer full refunds, regardless of the date.
3. Date Changes Policies
We strive to create optimal cabin groups (i.e. all campers at camp for the same number of sessions) and plan accordingly. We are able to make session changes when possible.
- Session changes (of the same number of weeks) will be accommodated as long as there is space for your camper.
Session change requests must be received by June 1, 2021.
- Session additions (i.e. increasing the number of weeks)
- Before June 1, 2021: As long as there is space, additions will be accommodated and the multi-week discount will be applied.
- On or after June 1, 2021: As long as there is space, additions will be accommodated, but the multi-week discount will not be applied.
- Partial cancellation (i.e. decreasing the number of weeks) will be subject to our cancellation policies (please see above)
4. Missed Camp Policies
Our fees are for a service over a specified period of time and are not a day-to-day fee. Missing camp days for any reason will not be subject to any refunds or pro-rating of fees.
- Exception 1: If a parent purchases Extended Absence Insurance at the time of enrollment ($15/camper/week), and their camper becomes ill or injured during the course of their enrolment, and therefore be required to miss three (3) consecutive days of their regularly scheduled enrollment, the remaining unattended camp days will be refunded.
- Exception 2: if there is a positive case of COVID-19 in your child’s cohort and the cohort is asked to self-isolate for 14 days, a prorated refund will be granted for those days.
5. Community Guidelines
We were successful in running Summer 2020 with zero COVID-19 cases due to the ongoing commitment of our campers and staff to take care of each other and respect public health guidelines. All camp families agree to maximize the safety of our camp community by:
- Abiding by current Public Health measures in day to day (non-camp) life, whatever they may be at the time. This may include maintaining a small “bubble” of exposure outside of camp, remaining physically distant from others and/or wearing a mask in public areas, and practicing proper hand-washing.
- Being diligent about illness. It is extremely important to keep campers home if they are experiencing any signs of illness. Return-to-camp policies will be updated based on our local public health unit’s recommendations at the time.
- Maintaining physical distancing. Guardians should be aware that everyone has different levels of comfort regarding exposure to the virus. While speaking to camp staff during drop off and pick up, guardians should be wearing a mask and remaining distant from all Adventure Valley campers and staff.
6. Program Offerings
Adventure Valley reserves the right to alter specific aspects of our program as related to Public Health measures during Summer 2021. Programs/Extras that did NOT run in Summer 2020 included: instructional swim, daily swim, bussing, extended care, late night programming, Trainee camping trip, Parent’s Nights, pizza lunch Fridays, CYOA (camper-choice periods), Friday Fun Day programming, Cooking Arts and Recording. We anticipate Summer 2021 running somewhere in between a regular summer and Summer 2020, and as a result, we cannot guarantee any of these items. Please note that our pricing structure will not change should any of these items be restricted, and our cancellation policies are not impacted by decisions made regarding these or any other items.