Leadership Training Program (Grades 7 & 8)
- Working with children of various age groups
- Planning activities for children of various age groups
- Leadership at camp and beyond
- Communication at camp and beyond
- Professionalism as a young person in a volunteer environment
Our Trainee Head provides engaging learning opportunities through seminars, games, activities and more.
Trainees also go on "Placement", where they shadow a member of our staff team and learn on the job! They are evaluated each week and feedback is provided in a constructive manner so that they can continue growing and improving. Trainees are able to request their ideal placement, and the Trainee Head will try their best to match everyone accordingly.
A Trainee usually spends about half their time with the others their age (a combination of team-building, learning sessions, camp activities and their courses), and half the time on placement.
** For Summer 2020 we were unable to offer a course for our Trainees. Please stay tuned for updates regarding Summer 2021.